Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I think I might be a closet Italian......

So as I was sipping my daily morning espresso I also happened to be munching on nuttella on toast and then an Italian folk song came over my iTunes and it occurred to me.......many of my favorite things and preferences in life are Italian, am I closet Italian? So, I started really thinking about it, let's see....well, I LOVE espresso coffee (a form of coffee preparation invented by the Italians), prosciutto makes me a happy person, if nuttella were person I'd marry her, my motorcycle is Italian, Rome basically founded western culture (and concrete) as we know it, Leonardo DaVinci was an Italian who was a renaissance man AND left-handed (we left handers will some day take over the world, just you watch), they have more kinds of pasta than anywhere in the world, it's the womb of Vivaldi and Respeghi, home of ferrari, Tuscany, great wines, and it's even shaped like a piece of foot apparel. So, despite my german heritage maybe somewhere along the line there was an Italian ancestor.....or at least a trip to Italy by an ancestor.