Wednesday, March 15, 2006

In Macon making some bacon

So this week is what we on tour called a split week. Basically, it is when you play two town in one week. Fortunately this week the trip takes us from Mobile, AL -> Macon, GA -> Albany, GA. (not as bad as the 1000mi slpit we did last fall in Canada) Anyhow, not too much time here, but I'm at Joshua Cup coffee house here in Macon, GA. It was a brief stay here; 1 show yesterday and 3 today. Tonight we drive the 100mi down to albany and set the house up again, hook up to power, level the house, yada yada.....so I'm anticipating getting to sleep around 3 or 4 this morning. Then we have tomorrow off and a show fri, 3 sat, and 1 sun and then off to knoxville TN. Not too bad, yes, I know you're asking me to finish the last blog.....and I will, but not tonight.....I have to use this precious internet time to locate the wlamarts, laundromats, and coffee places in the next town.....which reminds me, I have discovered Google Earth Basically it ties the google search engine and global mapping together seamlessly, and it's pretty cool, download it and type in "forbidden city" and it flys you around the globe to get a perfect bird's eye satellite view, and you can pan, zoom in and out, even get terrain mapping on some cities, pretty cool stuff....I had always dreamed of something like this when I was little and would spin the globe around in dad's office. Anyhow, hope everyone in computer land is well, and just so you know....if you ever visit macon, there's not really any good coffee in this town, so try mobile, AL instead (more on that soon) tootles.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you relate? http://www.ittybittykitchen.com/