Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Circus boy is Birthday boy for a day....................

So, it's that one day a year, the day of your birth which, as far as I know, is celebrated on most if not all cultures around the world. Now, some cultures bring special attention to certain landmarks, we silly humans seem to prefer signifigance when things are in threes, fives, or tens, or even "stages" of life. In any case, this year adds another click on to my life odometer, I've reached 25. Lord willing I will have three more sets of 25 in the years to come, but I'm thankful for each day my heart keeps beating. So this 25th occasion for cake finds in a snowy Omaha. As you all know, this week was loooong circus week. We call it a split week, it's we play an extra town midweek. Now, we did a split up in Canada (between calgary and grande prairie) but that was only 2 shows midweek. This week we did a full run of shows in Rapid City Sd, and then drove the 8 hours on monday to Spencer, IA. We did 5 shows there then had one day to drive another 8 hours to Topeka, KS. Got there Fri. night and did 5 shows between sat. and sun. This would have been a heavy week with good chops, but due to the fact that I injured myself in Nampa by pushing myself to hard (and possibly playing incorrectly) at the end of a 3rd show on a Sat. So, it's been a challenging couple of weeks. But's it's been a humble learning experience and I'll definately take better care of the chops in the future, and pay more attention to what my body is telling me. Ok, I'm here in Omaha and heading out to Outback to celebrate the B-day with my old PA dutch friend Holly. Having a steak with someone named Holly in the midwest, that's so 50's america...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday (a bit belated)! Welcome to the quarter century club...