Monday, October 03, 2005

monday monday

well, it was a busy weekend of shows and such, and now it's monday.....and a rainy monday at that, but I got to sleep in, which I only got to do on holidays as a teacher. So, I'm a very happy boy. Although, this past weekend I wish I would've had a new pair of lips. I don't know if it's the american water or just the fatigue of the show setting in, but it was a challenging past couple of days for the chops. I am looking into getting different equipment, a mouthpiece where the edge isn't as sharp = more endurance and less swelling, but I think a more commercial style horn will also aid in getting the brighter sound I'm going for in this gig. Ok, so enough about equipment stuff, what have I done since thurs? Well, I finally got my freezer and refrig stocked. One night after a show, I finally got tired of seeing my cold food storage bare, so I made a much needed run to Walmart and bought as much food as I could stuff in my backpack (you have to understand, when you have a motorcycle w/out saddle or tank bags, you have to prioritize your trips to the grocery and laundry) So, now, I have lots of frozen veggies and meat. I've been finding out that you definately have to think differntly when living out of an RV. You're much more conscious of what store, use, and waste. For example, it's going to be weird from now on where I leave the water running the whole time, and it'll feel strange when my sewage just goes where it's supposed to and I don't have to empty it myself, or more importantly I won't have to worry about those dreaded leaks from the bottom of my vehicle. It is definately possible to keep oneself busy fixing things all the time if one so chose, but then when would I have time to ride the bike? Speaking of which, 6 of us won't out on our motorcycles to a movie last night, I enjoyed the ride back almost more than the movie. All of us were on bikes, to it was 4 BMWs and 2 Ducatis, quite fun, it's a taste of what it'll be like tomorrow (everyone with a bike on tour is going for a ride, so there will be about 10 of us rolling w/ varying bikes, should be fun) But the kicker is, it's been a while since I've been able to get mail from VA, so I've been riding around with a temp plate that ran out 9/22. Oh well, no one has seemed to notice yet :-) We had a party Fri. night. It was a going away party for one of the acts leaving the tour as well as a "yeah, we're back in the US" party. Good times, and i found out that our group has a 14ft gas grill that travels w/ us wherever we go. So, than that, not too much new, we open in Bozeman thrusday night, but are allowed to park till wednesday afternoon, so everyone is hanging here in billings until then, hence the 2nd party of the week tonight (basically it's just an excuse to fire up the grill and use up the leftover meat from fri. ;-) ) It's also tuned quite cold here, when we arrived, everyday was in the upper 60's and 70's and now they're calling for possibility of snow on wednes.! I'm doing my best not to do the ice cycle dance on my bike, but it gets mighty cold when the ambient temp is 45F. Oh, and as for the Tim Hortons/Panera debate, I'd have to say yes, Panera does have a loafs up on Tims, but the fact that Panera hasn't caught on everywhere yet, and Tims is everywhere in Canadia, makes me miss Tims. Although as rachel astutely pointed out, even though Panera doesn't have the pastries, they oh so much more.....including soup in a bread bowl and free high speed wireless internet! Anyhow, enough of my rambling for today (although it didn't take me a week to post this time ;-) ) trzymaj sie i na raza

No comments: