Monday, March 28, 2005

I'm here safe and sound

Well, I'm finally here same and sound, although today it is costing me an arm and a leg to be on the internet, about 1€ per 20 mins, that's a little pricy, but the things we do to be connected eh? S0 after about 24 hours of travelling, including a 6 hour layover in London which was more like pergutory, I am here and try to do as much as I can through this persistent jet lag headache I've had. Yesterday I just basially got to my hostel, got situated, did some reading and then went to sleep. Got up, had the traditional german youth hostel breakfast (I had forgotten how much I missed quark..aka european vanilla yougurt, only better) and then gathered my things to head into Zoolischer Garten in zentrum Berlin. By the time I got situated and got to my new hostel (which was a bit of an ordeal in and of itself) I took a nap, a 2 hour nap. Then went out and about the city, I have a lot of great pictures, but ungfortunately no way to get them on here...yet. But I did see the Brandenburg gate, went up the big TV tower, perused a street book sale at the humbolt university, had currywurst(berlin's traditional sausage) and walked around east berlin, and ended with the best Apfel Streudel (apple streudal) I've ever had in my life, now I'll have to try to make it when I get back to the states. So, even though I got to a late start, I did and saw a lot for my first full day here. Tomorrow will be museum day, then wednes wll be Sans Soucci palace day trip, then thurs. - sun. either Poland or Prague, I haven't decided yet.....choices choices choices I hope everyone is doing well!

No comments: